Are you looking for MCQ questions with answers of the chapter “A Triumph of a Surgery” of class 10 ? Then Great, you’ve come to the best resources available on internet. Our subject experts have extracted the best possible questions from the chapter after a deep study.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts board exams every year in which, the English portion contains 100 marks. In English, Multiple Choice questions and objective questions contain a majority part in the literature section. So students need to practice questions as much as possible to achieve mastery, so that they’ll be able to give answer to each question asked. In this post, we have posted MCQ questions with answers of the chapter 1 of story section, A Triumph of a surgery. You can also download these questions as PDF in the end.
MCQ Questions of A Triumph of a Surgery CBSE Class 10 Chapter 1
1. As per the story, choose an option that best describes Mrs Pumphrey.
2. With reference to the story, choose the appropriate option which rightly depicts as to how did the staff from the hospital benefit from Mrs Pumphrey’s overdoing?
a) Feeding excessive amount of eggs for breakfast
b) A lunch that included the likes of wine
c) An evening brunch that included brandy
d) All the above mentioned options are true as per the story
3. With reference to the story, what knowledge did the dogs have about the food ?
a) They realised that only the final remaining group would have a chance to grab the food
b) the knowledge was that there was no competition
c) that it wasn’t good at all
d) that it was the best part of the day
4. Which character is the main narrator of the story ?
a) The Vet
b) Mrs. Pumphrey
d) None of the above
5. With reference to the story choose the appropriate option which rightly depicts, What the doctor had given Tricki at his clinic ?
a) lots of injections
b) a bit of medicines
c) absolutely no food for two days
d) only healthy milk and chocolate
6. As per Mrs Pumphrey, what was her dog suffering from?
a) suffering from fever
b) suffering from malnutrition
c) suffering from stomach pain
d) suffering from footsore
7. With reference to the story choose the appropriate option which rightly depicts the reason behind Mrs Pumphrey worrying ?
a) she was worried about herself
b) she was worried about her maid-servant
c) she was worried about her dog Tricki
d) she was worried about her son
8. As per the story choose the appropriate option which aptly depicts the given gap Mrs Pumphrey was a ____.
a) a bit of a miser
b) a bit poor
c) a bit cruel
d) a lot rich
9. As per the story choose the appropriate option which aptly depicts Who is Hodgkin ?
a) the dog owner as per the story
b) the gardener as per the story
c) the Veterinary surgeon as per the story
d) the Dog
10. With reference to the story choose the appropriate option which rightly depicts as to why is the narrator of the story greedy to keep Tricki as a permanent guest at his vet hospital ?
a) Fearing that they would not get paid
b) As they could constantly feast on some great food
c) they (all the people at the vet) would lose all Luxuries like eggs, wine and brandy that Mrs Pumphrey used to send
d) none of the above-mentioned options are true
11. For ___ number of days, the dog was given no food
12. Choose the appropriate option which aptly depicts Where was Tricki taken by Mr Herriot as per the story.
a) a public hospital for vets
b) his own clinic
c) to Mrs Pumphrey ‘s house
d) None of the above
13. Choose the appropriate option which aptly depicts the advice given by the doctor ?
a) a strict diet for the dog
b) a cut on his eating
c) a bit more of exercise and workout
d) all of the above-mentioned options are true/correct
14. Choose the appropriate option which aptly depicts the is the meaning of the word “jostling”.
d) None of the above
15. Choose the reason behind Tricki’s admission at the hospital.
a) He needed surgery
b) He was vomitting
c) As per the story He had hurt himself previously
d) None of the above-mentioned options are true
16. With reference to the story choose the appropriate option which rightly depicts as to why did the other dogs take no interest in Tricki ?
a) he was small
b) did not belong to the same breed
c) they considered him as a bore
d) He was more powerful
17. Who should Mr Herriot have a special notice on ?
18. Joe was the ____.
We believe that, this post will be definitely helpful for students who are preparing for CBSE Board exams. These questions will improve their confidence over the chapter undoubtedly. We have also posted MCQs of other chapters as well. You can check other posts to go through other chapters of English.
Click the button below to download the above questions in PDF Format.